Google has released Chrome 79 (version 79.0.3945.79) for Windows, Mac and Linux. The update includes a number of fixes and improvements in the popular browser. The company also added a Chrome browser update for Android.
As part of the latest Chrome 79 update, Google has fixed 51 vulnerabilities.
A summary of the 2 Critical and 8 High vulnerabilities found by external researchers and fixed in latest Chrome release include:
- Critical CVE-2019-13725: Use after free in Bluetooth.
- Critical CVE-2019-13726: Heap buffer overflow in password manager.
- High CVE-2019-13727: Insufficient policy enforcement in WebSockets.
- High CVE-2019-13728: Out of bounds write in V8.
- High CVE-2019-13729: Use after free in WebSockets.
- High CVE-2019-13730: Type Confusion in V8.
- High CVE-2019-13732: Use after free in WebAudio.
- High CVE-2019-13734: Out of bounds write in SQLite.
- High CVE-2019-13735: Out of bounds write in V8.
- High CVE-2019-13764: Type Confusion in V8.
Chrome for Android update
Google also released Chrome 79 (79.0.3945.79) for Android and includes stability and performance improvements. A new Password Safety feature was also included that warns users if their passwords was exposed in a previous data breach.