Google has released Chrome 86.0.4240.183 security update for Windows, Mac and Linux. The update also addresses a High severity zero-day vulnerability that is being exploited in the wild.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of impacted systems
“Google is aware of reports that an exploit for CVE-2020-16009 exists in the wild,” Google warned in the new advisory.
Google also addressed six additional High severity vulnerabilities:
- CVE-2020-16004: Use after free in user interface.
- CVE-2020-16005: Insufficient policy enforcement in ANGLE.
- CVE-2020-16006: Inappropriate implementation in V8.
- CVE-2020-16007: Insufficient data validation in installer.
- CVE-2020-16008: Stack buffer overflow in WebRTC.
- CVE-2020-16011: Heap buffer overflow in UI on Windows.
Furthermore, Google released Chrome 86 (86.0.4240.185) for Android, which addresses a High severity buffer overflow vulnerability CVE-2020-16010.