Google has released Chrome 89 security update (89.0.4389.114) for Windows, Mac and Linux with fixes for 8 vulnerabilities.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of impacted systems.
As part of the Chrome security update, Google patched 8 vulnerabilities in all, 6 of those rated High severity.
The 6 High severity vulnerabilities patched and discovered by external researchers include:
- CVE-2021-21194: Use after free in screen capture.
- CVE-2021-21195: Use after free in V8.
- CVE-2021-21196: Heap buffer overflow in TabStrip.
- CVE-2021-21197: Heap buffer overflow in TabStrip.
- CVE-2021-21198: Out of bounds read in IPC.
- CVE-2021-21199: Use Use after free in Aura.
None of the listed vulnerabilities had known public exploits at the time of the Google advisory.