Citrix has issued a security update for Citrix Hypervisor vulnerabilities, that may collectively allow an attacker to launch privileged code in a guest VM to compromise or crash the host.
The Citrix Hypervisor security update addresses the following Citrix Hypervisor vulnerabilities:
- CVE-2021-28694: Host denial of service
- CVE-2021-28697: Host compromise.
- CVE-2021-28698: Host denial of service.
- CVE-2021-28699: Host compromise.
- CVE-2021-28701: Host compromise.
In most cases, malicious privileged code execution could occur in a guest VM running on a host.
Citrix has confirmed all currently supported versions of Citrix Hypervisor are affected by all of the above issues, except for CVE-2021-28699 which only affects Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 LTSR.
- Citrix patches Critical vulnerability exploited in the wild (updated)
- Citrix warns of data breach
- APT actors exploit legacy internet-facing vulnerabilities in combination with Zerologon to target organizations
- Chinese threat actors targeting U.S. government agencies and these 4 CVEs
- Patch these 10 most commonly exploited vulnerabilities