Google has released Chrome 96 security update (96.0.4664.45) for Windows, Mac and Linux with fixes for multiple High risk vulnerabilities.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of impacted systems.
The Chrome 96 security update patched 25 vulnerabilities in all, to include the following 7 High severity vulnerabilities discovered by external researchers:
- CVE-2021-38008: Use after free in media.
- CVE-2021-38009: Inappropriate implementation in cache.
- CVE-2021-38006: Use after free in storage foundation.
- CVE-2021-38007: Type Confusion in V8.
- CVE-2021-38005: Use after free in loader.
- CVE-2021-38010: Inappropriate implementation in service workers.
- CVE-2021-38011: Use after free in storage foundation.
The update also addressed 10 other Medium severity vulnerabilities that were also reported by researchers.
In addition, Google also released Chrome 96 (96.0.4664.45) for Android.
None of these vulnerabilities had known exploits at the time of the advisory posting.