Japanese tech giant Panasonic has confirmed an attack and breach of a file server.
Panasonic issued a press release regarding the security incident on November 26, 2021:
Panasonic Corporation has confirmed that its network was illegally accessed by a third party on November 11, 2021. As the result of an internal investigation, it was determined that some data on a file server had been accessed during the intrusion.Panasonic
Panasonic issued few details regarding the breach in terms of what types and quantity of data that was breached.
However, the company said it reported the incident to appropriate authorities and implemented cybersecurity countermeasures to prevent external access into the network.
The firm is also conducting an internal investigation of the leak and working with a third party cybersecurity firm to help determine if the leak impacted any personal or sensitive information.
- Morgan Stanley confirms breach of customer SSNs via an exploit of vendor’s Accellion FTA vulnerability
- Alibaba leaks billions of data points via Chinese web crawler
- Personal data on 533 million Facebook users posted online
- Energy giant Shell latest victim in Accellion FTA cyberattacks
- Microsoft open sources CodeQL queries to scan for Solarwinds-like Solorigate activity
- T-Mobile security incident exposed customer phone numbers and call records