Google has released Chrome 98.0.4758.80/81/82 for Windows and Chrome 98.0.4758.80 for Mac and Linux with fixes for multiple vulnerabilities.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of impacted systems.
The latest Chrome 98 security update patched 27 vulnerabilities in all, to include 8 High severity vulnerabilities, each discovered by external researchers:
- CVE-2022-0452: Use after free in Safe Browsing.
- CVE-2022-0453: Use after free in Reader Mode.
- CVE-2022-0454: Heap buffer overflow in ANGLE.
- CVE-2022-0455: Inappropriate implementation in Full Screen Mode.
- CVE-2022-0456: Use after free in Web Search.
- CVE-2022-0457: Type Confusion in V8.
- CVE-2022-0458: Use after free in Thumbnail Tab Strip.
- CVE-2022-0459: Use after free in Screen Capture.
None of these vulnerabilities had known exploits in the wild at the time of the original advisory post.
Finally, Google also released Chrome 98 (98.0.4758.87) for Android.